Filing Marriage Returns from churches

Only Returns/Form F’s from duly licensed and gazetted places of worship are registrable. These returns should be filed on a monthly basis.

  • Cover letter from FBO where the marriage was conducted (signed and stamped)
  • Duly filled and signed Form F (should also be stamped)
  • Evidence of payments


UGX35, 000/= for Nationals and refugees
USD35$ for Foreign Nationals


It is a statutory requirement for every licensed and gazetted FBO conducting marriages to submit a monthly return of each marriage celebrated before the 10th Day of the next month by way of filing a Form F as indicated in the schedules.

  • The celebrant enters the details of each marriage celebrated into the Marriage Register Book
  • The celebrant extracts the details listed below for each couple from the marriage register onto the Form F
    • Name of the church
    • Date of Marriage
    • Marriage Certificate Number
    • Name of Groom and Bride
    • The age of Groom and Bride
    • The Condition of the Groom and Bride before the marriage (here state whether Spinster, Bachelor, Widow, widower or Divorcee).
    • The Occupation of the Groom and Bride at the time of the Marriage
    • Place of residence of the couple at the time of marriage
    • The name and occupation of the fathers of the groom and the bride. If they are deceased this should be stated.
    • Date of entry of the marriage into the marriage register,
    • Name and Signature of the marriage Celebrant
    • Stamp or seal of the church
  • Make assessment for payment on the URA portal (done at any Bank and/or URSB offices at Ugx.35,000/= Nationals or USD35$ for Non-nationals)
  • Proceed to make payments at the bank of your choice
  • Write cover letter accompanying the returns; please indicate number of returns, period of return and total amount paid and attach the receipt of payment (got from the bank). Submit together with the Form Fs to any URSB office countrywide
  • Receive an acknowledgement of the returns filed within 2 hours of submission.

Go to Civil Registrations

Service Details National Applications (Ugx) Foreign Applications (Usd)
Civil Marriages File notice of marriage 10,000/= $10
Display of notice on notice board FREE FREE
Celebration of marriage 20,000/= $150
Issuing of marriage certificate 25,000/= $25
Registration of marriages a) Marriages conducted at URSB. b) Marriages conducted at the Districts 25,000/= $25
Customary Marriages Issuance of customary Marriage Certificate 20,000/= N/A
Registration of a customary marriage within six (6) months 20,000/= N/A
Registration of a customary marriage after six (6) months 40,000/= $200
Special Licenses Process applications for special licenses 300,000/= FREE
Issuance of Special license FREE N/A
Search 2,000/=
Licensing Places of Worship to Celebrate Marriages Process applications from clients 200,000/= N/A
Inspection of place of worship of the applicant, report and recommendations FREE N/A
Granting of license to celebrate marriage FREE N/A
Searches And Certifications Searches on the Marriage register/ Muslim and Hindu divorce Register 25,000/= $25
Certification of marriage certificates/ returns AND Muslim and Hindu Divorce Certificates 25,000/= $25
Marital Status Issuing of single status letters 25,000/= N/A
Church, Hindu And Muslim Marriages Compliance Check N/A N/A
Approval of marriage return N/A N/A
Filing of marriage returns and registration of marriages 35,000/= $35
Muslim & Hindu Divorces Compliance Check FREE N/A
Filing of divorce returns and registration of divorce. 35,000/= $35
Verification of Marriages and Muslim & Hindu Divorces E-searches for Government& Foreign Missions FREE FREE
Verification for the general public of Muslim and Hindu divorces. 35,000/= $35