Technology and Innovation Support Centers (TISCs)
The WIPO Technology and Innovation Support Center (TISC) program provides innovators in developing countries with access to locally based, high quality technology information and related services, helping them to exploit their innovative potential and to create, protect, and manage their intellectual property (IP) rights.
Services offered by TISCs may include:
- Access to online patent and non-patent (scientific and technical) resources and IP-related publications;
- Assistance in searching and retrieving technology information;
- Training in database search;
- On-demand searches (novelty, state-of-the-art and infringement);
- Monitoring technology and competitors;
- Basic information on industrial property laws, management and strategy, and technology commercialization and marketing.
In Uganda, URSB is the TISC focal point as the national IP office and also hosts 1 TISC.
As of June 2018, there were over 25 TISC host institutions including the TISC at URSB Head office.
TISC institutions are based in Institutions of Higher learning and Research Institutions.
Below is a list of the active TISC institutions:
- Uganda Registration Services Bureau
- Mbarara University of Science and Technology
- Kyambogo University
- Infectious Diseases Institute
- Busitema University
- Uganda National Council for Science and Technology
- Uganda Pharmaceutical Society
- Uganda Industrial Research Institute
- NACCRI (NARO)
- RWEBITABA (NARO)
- ABI ZARDI(NARO)
- NGETTA ZARDI(NARO)
- BULINDI (NARO)
- Makerere University , Main Library