This letter is issued to Ugandans wishing to have their marriages performed outside Uganda. The letter confirms that the applicant is single and has capacity to enter into a marriage. The applicant presents the following documents in support of his or her application;
- A recommendation letter from the LC1 chairperson of the locality where the applicant resides.
- A photocopy of the applicant’s long birth certificate to prove parentage.
- Proof of nationality for example a passport or national Identity card.
- A registered statutory declaration from the applicants to prove that he/she is single.
- A registered statutory declaration from the parent to prove that their son/ daughter is single.
Fees Payable: Ug Shs. 25,000/-