Where an intending couple is unable to wait for the 21 statutory days, or where they desire to have their marriage celebrated outside a licensed place of worship or Registrar’s Office, they should in addition to the requirements, prove to the Honorable Minister of Justice and Constitutional Affairs (MOJCA) by the way of registered affidavits that there is no lawful impediment to the proposed marriage and that the necessary consent, if any,to the marriage has been obtained.

The affidavits must in addition state the reasons why they want an exemption from the waiting period or why they desire to get married at an unlicensed place of worship.
The Honorable Minister shall, if he or she thinks fit, grant the license requested for.

Fees Payable:
Ushs 300,000/-
(Where one of the parties to the marriage is Uganda or a Refugee)

US$ 200
(Where none of the parties to the marriage is Ugandan)