Reports to: Systems Administrator
To facilitate connectivity of system users
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversees the health and operations of servers at the bureau
- Tests and installs patches on server operating systems
- Tracks server activity, performs upgrades of software, maintains computer hardware, addressing questions about technical problems, and improving efficiency by evaluating system network functions
- Manages and monitors functionality of applications hosted on respective servers
- Gives reports on status of servers from various services at the bureau
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Director ICT and Innovations
- An Honors’ degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or a related discipline from a recognized institution
- Recognized professional ICT qualifications in UNIX/Linux and Microsoft such as HP-UX CSA, MCSA, MCSE, RHCSA, and RHCE will be required
- At least five (5) years of relevant work experience with a reputable organization.
- Knowledge of: Programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies in use e.g. virtualization, storage systems; UNIX/Linux system administration, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring tools.