Reports to: MANAGER, LIQUIDATION
To handle issues of Registration and Compliance with regard to Insolvency matters within the Bureau
- Manages estates under liquidation
- Maintains up-to-date records, manuals and electronic databases, and inventories of the assets of the corporate and personal insolvents.
- Takes over, verifies, secures and manages the assets and liabilities that fall under corporate and personal insolvents.
- Organizes and holds sensitization workshops
- Keep track of Insolvency statistics in Uganda.
- Sensitizes the public on Insolvency through radio talk shows, TV talk shows and making presentations at numerous workshops.
- Ensures the appropriate and safekeeping of all data retained before and after registration of documents.
- Assists in the development and promotion of registration services in Insolvency matters including implementing changes arising from new and modified legislation and other new initiatives
- Ensures the appropriate and safekeeping of all data retained before and after registration of documents
- Reviews reports on management of estates filed by practitioners
- Spearheads and oversees the development, implementation and management of the Unit’s quality systems, processes and policies.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Manager Registration and Compliance
- An Honor’s Degree in Law with a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Should be enrolled as an advocate.
- valid Practicing Certificate
- Specialized training in insolvency and receivership at diploma level
- At least 3 years relevant work experience in a reputable organization 1 of which must be at supervisory level
- Investigation skills
- Computer literacy