Reports to: Manager, Network Administration
To support Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks, Internet and intranet systems, and network segments.
- Installs and ensures functionality of IT hardware and software
- Fixes faulty and escalating hardware problems
- Monitors the performance of information network system i.e. Local Area Networks (LAN) or Wide Area Networks (WAN), email intranet and informs the Manager, Network Administration accordingly
- Maintains server rooms in a tidy manner and ensure that devices and network points are properly identified with labels.
- Carries out and document the quarterly tests of the Business Continuity Plan (BCP).
- Runs End-Of-Day (EOD) and End-Of-Month (EOM) processing.
- Carries out staff training in Networking, Software and Hardware.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Manager, Network Administration
- An Honors’ degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or Information Systems or a related discipline from a recognized institution
- Recognized professional ICT qualifications in networking such as CCNA and CCNP will be required
- At least three years of relevant work experience 1 of which should have been at supervisory level
- Working knowledge of LAN and WAN topologies and architecture, including Multi VLAN architecture. Must be able to construct, operate and maintain LAN and WAN Networks. A complete knowledge of Gigabit and Ethernet topology interfacing with network IP phone systems. Must be able to research and solve associated problem.
- A complete knowledge of network equipment such as switches, routers, hubs, and associated equipment and how to construct and maintain networks. Must also have a working knowledge of the software control systems for networks.