Reports to: SENIOR REGISTRATION AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER
To handle issues of Registration and Compliance with regard to Insolvency matters within the Bureau.
- Makes appropriate inquiries into eligibility and granting or refusing applications for authorization for IP Certificate either new or for renewal.
- Conducts targeted visits to IP premises and determining terms of reference for the visits.
- Reviews conduct of IPs and proposing regulatory penalties that may be appropriate
- Reviews documentation presented for registration in relation to insolvency and liquidations to ensure compliance with the applicable policies and laws and authenticity.
- Carries out effective registration of all compliance and authentic documents in relation to insolvency and liquidations as is required under the Insolvency Act an in accordance with the internal policies as may from time to time prevail,
- Studies and applies all the Insolvency Act 2011, Insolvency Regulations 2013 and guidance relating to registration of insolvency matters and practitioners’ records.
- Investigates reports of misconduct by practitioners and makes the necessary recommendations to the supervis
- Prepares and submits to court all the required filings in respect of matters handled by the office.
- Provides advice and guidance to customers on all aspects of the Registration Service for insolvency matters.
- Receives & reviews Annual Returns for management of estates as filed by Practitioners in accordance with the Insolvency Act.
- Reviews complaints against Practitioners arising out of management of estates and makes the necessary recommendations for resolution
- Coordinates and facilitates provision of Continuous Professional Development activities for practitioners and follows up on compliance by Practitioners.
- Represents the office of the Official Receiver upon appointment as Receiver, Trustee, Manager, Liquidator or such other fiduciary role under the Insolvency
- Act and carry out the required activities.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Senior Registration and Compliance Officer
- An Honor’s Degree in Law with a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Should be enrolled as an advocate.
- valid Practicing Certificate
- Specialized training in insolvency and International Insolvency law
- Investigation skills
- Computer literacy