To obtain a license to celebrate marriages under the Marriage Act, there must be:

  1. An Application letter addressed to the Honorable Minister of Justice and Constitutional Affairs(MOIJA), through the Registrar General. The letters requests for a license to celebrate marriages.
  2. A place of public worship (a permanent structure)
  3. Evidence of payment of Ug. Shs 200,000/- into the consolidated fund (by way of receipt from the bank)
  4. Marriages celebrants for the place of worship (religious leaders like pastors,reverends, priest and any clergy recognized by that faith)