Any persons married under customary law can convert that marriage into a civil marriage by ceremony before a Registrar of  Marriages.
Persons married under customary law should have registered their marriage with the Sub – County Chief or Town Clerk in their area within
6 months.

The Sub-County Chief or Town Clerk shall issue them with a Certificate or Registration of their customary marriage. A conversion would be
null and void where either of the parties, at the time of the celebration of the marriage, is married by customary law to any other than the person
with whom the marriage is held.