Reports to: Senior Accountant
To prepare and process payments based on approved documents and bank reconciliation statements at end of the month and post accounting transactions accordingly.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Posts Cash Books for various URSB Accounts namely JLOS, ARIPO, Crane Bank (CCFA) etc.
- Passes payments before and after vouchers have been written ensuring all supporting documents and right calculations are done.
- Maintains the URSB Asset Register and ensures that it is updated as and when new assets are procured including allocation of engrave numbers.
- Supervises the Account Assistants who have been assigned different roles based on their competences.
- Reviews payments to be processed and posted on IFMS including staff salaries to ensures accuracy of transactions made.
- Ensures compliance with all statutory deductions like NSSF, WHT and PAYE submission by crosschecking authenticity of all supporting documents submitted and their accuracy.
- Ensures that all accountabilities for payments made are attached to their vouchers for compliance purposes.
- Receives and banks all cash and cheques in-touched
- Liaises with both internal and external suppliers to collect receipts of acknowledgement of funds paid out for services offered and goods supplied
- Crosschecks payment vouchers to ensure they are stamped after payments have been made as a control to avoid double payments.
- Generates reports on Non-Tax Revenue collections on weekly, monthly basis and also on spot reporting on request.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Senior Accountant.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- An Honors’ Degree in Business, Finance or Commerce
- Registered student of one of the Professional Accountancy body such as ACCA
- Proven integrity and confidentiality in handling public resources and in executing duties
- A high level of interpersonal, management skills and ability to work with teams.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadline.