Reports to: Registration Officer.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist in basic research on Insolvency Law to inform areas of policy formulation, legal reform and regulation.
- Conduct research activities in line with the Unit’s Work Plan, goals and objectives.
- Assist with administration of any related research plan as necessary ensuring records and files are kept up to date.
- Identify and disseminate information to the Unit and liaise with the internal and external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Conduct literature and database searches.
- Attend meetings as appropriate.
- Assist in the inspection of properties in insolvency proceedings and collate relevant information.
- Preparing legal briefs about any pending court matters and ensuring attendance.
- Any other duties as may be assigned form above.
- An honours degree in law from a reputable university and a PGD in Legal practice.
- Demonstrated research and writing skills, awareness of standard research techniques and methods.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines and to contribute as an effective team member.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of computers with impeccable integrity.